Sunday 12 March 2017

House Of Crazy

It was the 22nd consecutive day of madness. The work was driving all of us mad. Had never in the last couple of years been hit this bad with work. I mean there were times when it was this crazy, but the chaos lasted a day or two. This time the shit was serious from day 2 of this month. 

Hi, I am part of the operations department of a company which has it's operations in different countries and this scenario is of my department. Have you ever seen men working on a construction site? They appear to me as they eat and sleep construction through out. I have started feeling like a construction worker. I come back home to rest my body because there are no bunkers in the office. Had there been any, the scenario would have been an amazing one.

There are other teams around me and they are having the time of their life as it is a Christmas week. Secret santas are hopping in from the invisible chimneys. Gifts are being exchanged and cakes are being shared and here I am sitting in 4 by 2 cubical and issuing plastic money to people whom I don’t know and don’t  even care about. 

It is so funny that a person is ready to pay his hard earned money to get money on credit which one may never need. But that is what is keeping me warm and feeding my overweight belly. 

I at times want to smack the computer down and yell “fuck you” at the top of my voice. But I am selfish and a coward. I love the money and the status that the job gives me. I am a slave to my self proclaimed ego and pride to rank myself above my relatives and friends and god knows whom so ever. Will I be a slave always? It’s an answer I have been asking myself for long but, after a few bills knock my door I hide myself behind them and go on with the thraldom.

Is it only me who feels the same or others ruminate too about the same things or are they busy thinking about something completely different and complex. All this while one thing that has helped me through is food and Johnny cash, the legendary singer. I got to know about him recently and trust me he is good. You should listen to his top 50 songs. I love the song “a boy named sue”. Damn he is good.

Should I go all guns blazing like a rebel and fuck everyone or should I just quietly get lost and try something else? But sooner or later I will get married and will have more mouths to feed. Mom and dad are getting old what about them? What about them? I think I should try and kill the rebel and carry on with this shit. I think that is best for everyone. I can hear them from a distance, someone will be knocking the door soon. Announcing themselves as bills.

Mostly I feel that the rebel is the need of the hour. But then I know how Che Guvera died.


2 comments:

Paurush said...

i dont have a figment of doubt that Che has not died but immortalized. Same time i am sure that innumerable rebels with greater conviction then Fidel or Che not even registered there foot prints in sand of History. Though a nice thought provoking lines. Keep it up..

Shatabdi Mitra said...

Totally relatable given today's Corporate scenario... nice read.. :-)

अवसरों की खोज में: एक आत्मविश्वास की कहानी

शहर की बेमिती पलकों में, वहाँ एक आदमी का रूप, बेरोज़गारी के आबा में लिपटा, अकेला दिल की धड़कन में, अवसरों के समुंदर में बहती एक अकेला आत्मा,...