Sunday 16 April 2017

The Bag is Heavy

I am six years old
and 
I think I was sold 
to my parents. 
I know the statement is bold
but hold 
on a second. 
Try to listen 
and not hear,
coz I can't no longer bear.
My bag is heavy. 
No don't think it is the books
I mean here. 
These are the hooks 
that you keep barking around;
They have filled my bag.
You must score 98,
What ! Only 98;
you should top
the class. 
Maybe, you should stop
and look at me. 
I am tired
and 
I feel like I am wired 
to your expectations.
Talk to me or
spare an ear. 
I want you to hold 
me and 
ask me
What do I want to do?
May be I will get a gold
or maybe fly 
across the globe. 
It is a slippery slope,
I can slip to the bottom 
or go up the rope
Let me have some hope. 
I will make you proud
But please don't follow the crowd. 
Fill the empty space with 
hope and option
like a concoction. 
So I don't feel the pain
and put the blame
on you. 

2 comments:

Paurush said...

Sensitive lines on sensitive topic..

Unknown said...

Don't know about the bag but surely these lines are heavy

अवसरों की खोज में: एक आत्मविश्वास की कहानी

शहर की बेमिती पलकों में, वहाँ एक आदमी का रूप, बेरोज़गारी के आबा में लिपटा, अकेला दिल की धड़कन में, अवसरों के समुंदर में बहती एक अकेला आत्मा,...